||about the goods shows/news treehouse fridge door listening room contact links 'n things|
discography andy's compositions what they say
Completely notated Pieces (e-mail Creeg info for more info and obtaining a score and/or parts- in short it's a photocopy job for Andy)
Appearing on Andiwork I:
- 4 Pieces for brass quartet and percussion (1996- three of which were co-composed with Toronto composer Luke Mercier)(brass quartet=trumpet, horn, trombone and tuba)
- In a Field for violin, cello and double bass (1996-co-composed with Luke Mercier)
Appearing on Andiwork II
- 6 Little Pieces for Solo Viola (spring 1999) I arranged some of these piece for viola, clarinet and piano (in June 2001)...a lot of fun this one.
- Sparrows (Sept. 1999) for ensemble of 8 flutes. This work was commissioned by Veronnique Lacroix on behalf of the Ensemble Contemporain de Montreal (ECM) and was premiered by the ensemble de Flutes Alizé on Nov. 18, 1999 at the Montreal Conservatory of Music.
- Prelude and Lullaby for chamber ensemble (winter 1999-2000)(flute, clarinet, bass clarinet, saxophone(sop+bari), horn, trumpet, trombone, 2 percussionists, piano (+celeste), 2 violins, viola, cello and double bass). This work was premiered on March 15th, 2000 by the McGill Contemporary Music Ensemble fulfilling the requirements of composer-in-residence for the ensemble for the year 1999.
Other Recent works
- Postures for string quintet (2 violins, viola, 2 cellos) and piano (1998). This piece was premiered at the McGill Student Soloist Series in October 2000, featuring Andy on piano and various colleagues at McGill.
- Jake's Land for clarinet (or soprano saxophone), horn, harp, violin, and cello (winter 1999). This work was premiered in March 1999 by the McGill Contemporary Music Ensemble.
- Quartet for Array or Eyes Closed Sun Out (May 2000) (clarinet, trumpet, violin and percussion). This piece was the result of the Array Music Young Composers Workshop directed by Henry Kucharzyk and was premiered on May 28th 2000 at the Music Gallery in Toronto. I conducted a Montréal performance at Christchurch Anglican Church in May 2001.
- Tune for Montcalm (March 2003) for string orchestra. Composed for the Montcalm high school string orchestra and premiered in Sherbrooke May 20th, 2003. It's a groover.
- Foups and Song for Ralph (February 2003) two short jazzy pieces orchestrated for Montcalm high school string orchestra
DSCH Variations (Nov. 2006) a short piece for symphonic orchestra, commissioned by the CBC based on Shostakovich's initials. Listen to it.
Going West (Dec. 2007) for 2 harps. Commissioned by Jennifer Swartz and Lori Gemmell. Appears on their harp duet recording, Le Jardin des Paons on Atma classique.
SJJV (April 2010) string quartet (2 violins, viola and double bass) a 6 minute piece for 4 students at Montcalm High School. To be premiered at Victoriaville Chamber Music Competition in April 2010.
currently working on a commission for bass clarinet and percussion for Kathryn Ladano